Trac Search Module SQL Injection
Posted on 06 December 2005
Trac contains a flaw that may allow an attacker to carry out an SQL injection attack. The issue is due to the search module not properly sanitizing user-supplied input to an unspecified variable. This may allow an attacker to inject or manipulate SQL queries in the backend database.
Upgrade to version 0.9.2 or higher, as it has been reported to fix this vulnerability. An upgrade is required as there are no known workarounds.
- Edgewall Software Trac 0.8.4 Affected
- Edgewall Software Trac 0.9 Affected
- Edgewall Software Trac 0.8.3 Affected
- Edgewall Software Trac 0.7.1 Affected
- Edgewall Software Trac 0.8.1 Affected
- Edgewall Software Trac 0.9.1 Affected
- Remote vulnerability
- Input manipulation attack
- Impact on integrity
- Exploit unknown
- Vendor Specific News/Changelog Entry: go there
- Vendor URL: go there
- Security Tracker: 1015302
- Secunia Advisory ID: 17894
- Bugtraq ID: 15720
- Secunia Advisory ID: 18555
- Other Advisory URL: go there
- CVE ID: 2005-4065
- FrSIRT Advisory: ADV-2005-2766
The HNS Vulnerabilities section is powered by OSVDB
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.