The new version lets users choose a custom username during installation rather than using "admin", and Security Keys are automatically generated during the installation as well.
- WordPress and WordPress MU have merged, allowing the management of multiple sites (called Multisite) from one WordPress installation.
- New default theme "Twenty Ten" takes full advantage of the current features of WordPress.
- New custom menu management feature, allows creation of custom menus combining posts, pages, categories, tags, and links for use in theme menus or widgets.
- Custom header and background APIs.
- Contextual help text accessed under the Help tab of every screen in the WordPress administration.
- Bulk updating of themes with an automatic maintenance mode during the process.
- Support for shortlinks.
- Improved Custom post types and custom taxonomies including hierarchical (category-style) support.
- A lighter admin color scheme to increase accessibility and put the focus more squarely on your content.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.