The service pack includes major performance enhancements for Office applications, most notably Microsoft Office Outlook, as well as Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. One big benefit is SP2’s boost to interoperability — with this release, Office supports additional built-in file formats such as PDF and ODF.
- Fixes certain scenarios in which documents in trusted locations were treated as non-trusted.
- Improves several cryptographic or encryption scenarios.
- Provides a method to ignore time stamping expiration.
- Provides better security warnings when a certificate is revoked.
- An updated password algorithm that is in sync with the document ISO requirements.
- Provides an ISO-OOXML-compliant password verifier for Excel, for PowerPoint, and for Word.
- Enables smarter AVAPI blocking for encrypted macros.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.