Snort 2.8.4 introduces:
- A revised DCE/RPC preprocessor with more rule options - With the new DCE/RPC preprocessor, there will be a number of updates to the rules. Please be sure to update your rules to the latest when that package is available (next few days).
- Support for IPv6 in Frag3 and all application preprocessors
- Improved target-based support in preprocessors
- Option to automatically pre-filter traffic that is not inspected in order to improve performance
- Several other improvements and fixes.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.