Snort 2.8.4 introduces:
- A revised DCE/RPC preprocessor with more rule options - With the new DCE/RPC preprocessor, there will be a number of updates to the rules. Please be sure to update your rules to the latest when that package is available (next few days).
- Support for IPv6 in Frag3 and all application preprocessors
- Improved target-based support in preprocessors
- Option to automatically pre-filter traffic that is not inspected in order to improve performance
- Several other improvements and fixes.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.