The survey analysis shows that IT departments of all sizes have serious concerns about controlling network access. Many respondents did not believe their organizations focused network access policies on the greatest areas of business risk.
A summary of the key findings from the study include:
- 86 percent of respondents indicated that controlling network access was very important or important compared to other security issues
- 45 percent of respondents were not confident or only somewhat confident they know of every endpoint that connects to their network
- 43 percent are either unsure or do not believe their organization focuses their network access policies and controls on the greatest areas of business risks to their organization
- For those respondents with plans to deploy Microsoft NAP, the most common security solutions to integrate with are NAC (69 percent) followed by intrusion detection/prevention (55 percent)
- 87 percent of respondents indicated standards are important or very important in deploying a Network Access Control (NAC) solution
- More than half of respondents (51 percent) are concerned about job loss in the case of a security breach on their network.