If you take a moment to scan the infographic, youíll notice the firewall's introduction and evolution coincide with certain security events:
- 1995: WM/Concept first virus to spread through Microsoft Word
- 2000: First denial-of-service attack discovered
- 2008: Conficker infects 9-15 million Microsoft systems.
- 1998: Evasions researched
- 2009: Native clustering for high availability and performance introduced
- 2012: Software enabled security introduced, making blade technology obsolete.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.