The key findings of the report, based on responses from 155 IT professionals across a wide range of industries and geographies, reveal:
- Over half of the companies (59%) had an outage in the past 3 months and 28% had an outage in the past month.
- 41% of the organization surveyed missed their service availability goal for mission-critical systems in 2013.
- 66% of the respondents have initiatives for improving service availability management in 2014.
- Proactive identification of risks is the top challenge 20% of the respondents face in ensuring service availability.
- The most common and most effective strategy for ensuring service availability is virtualization HA, used by 72% of the respondents this year compared to 63% in 2013.
"IT teams are finding themselves in a never-ending chase to keep up with the pace of change across the IT landscape. As the survey results show, IT organizations are increasingly recognizing that a proactive approach to risk identification is more effective for outage prevention than playing catchup," Pinhas added.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.