The software includes protection for PCs, Macs, and Android smartphones and tablets in a single product. Customers can install the device-specific technologies on any combination of PCs, Macs, and Android smartphones and tablets, with the option to move the protection from one device to another as customers purchase new devices.
Key Android security features:
- Real-time protection against mobile malware, including automatic scanning of downloaded programs to prevent the installation of rouge applications masquerading as legitimate ones
- Web browsing protection to ensure customers don’t click on malicious websites or phishing links designed to steal personal information
- Anti-theft features, which allow customers to locate missing devices using GPS and cellular signals. Customers can also remotely lock devices, wipe data, turn on the alarm feature, and activate the device’s camera to automatically take pictures of whoever currently possesses it
- Call and text-message filtering to block spam and unwanted phone calls.
- Full protection from all malware threats, including Mac-specific malware, and all PC-targeting malware that can be stored on Macs and inadvertently transferred to PCs
- Advanced Parental Controls to ensure children use the Internet safely and responsibly
- On-screen Virtual Keyboard, providing an extra layer of protection from keylogging malware when entering personal information online.
- Improved Safe Money proactive protection against financial-theft, which includes support for more Web browsers, and a significantly expanded list of trusted online banking sites, payment services, and online stores.
- Protection specifically for social networks, like malicious URLs that spread on Facebook and Twitter
- Further protection from emerging threats through the improved Automatic Exploit Prevention technology, which ensures vulnerabilities within programs won’t lead to your PC being compromised
- New tools to defeat malware that locks a computer and demands ransom to return control of the owner’s data
- Parental Controls to block objectionable content, limit the amount of time spent online, and automatically prevent children from sharing private information– credit card numbers, phone numbers, home addresses – on social networks.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.