With new mobile operating system iterations introduced nearly every 15 days, organizations that want to support a variety of BYOD scenarios or ensure security for specific platforms need a central console to simplify enrollment, configuration and management of devices.
The AirWatch EMM platform provides the flexibility to securely manage all its mobile devices, deliver work resources to each of those devices and dynamically reconfigure policies and information based on a user’s role and responsibility.
Organizations use AirWatch to deploy managed laptops across multiple operating system variations, like Mac OS X, using the same central console they already use to manage tablets and smartphones. AirWatch has created the enterprise mobility framework that allows IT departments to manage laptops similar to smartphones and tablets.
AirWatch offers Mac OS X management and fully supports Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows 32-archetitected laptops and desktops. With the latest version of its EMM solution, AirWatch is introducing several updates including, but not limited to:
Mac OS X:
- Fortified security by enforcing FileVault 2 disk encryption
- Automatic configuration of enterprise email accounts for Microsoft Outlook
- Integration with AirWatch Cloud Messenger (AWCM), including administrator push notification delivery
- Parental controls such as time limits and curfew.
- Fully featured product and profile provisioning, compliance, MDM commands and scalable enrollment
- Enterprise wipe and GPS location capabilities
- Encrypt all data in-transit and at-rest for Secure Content Locker
- Secure mobile access to documents in Secure Content Locker.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.