Zoho Vault offers safe, secure password and data storage and complete data privacy. Passwords are encrypted with the latest encryption standard, AES-256. The passphrase, which the user enters to access Zoho Vault, is used as an encryption key but is not stored anywhere on the Zoho Vault server or on the userís computer or iPhone.
The Zoho Vault server holds only encrypted data, and the passphrase never leaves your browser. As a result, the userís passwords and information remain completely private and can only be viewed by the user.
Businesses can use Zoho Vault to securely share passwords among trusted members of their organization, and different access privileges can be assigned to different users. The sharing process has been designed to follow the highest levels of information security and privacy standards. Sharing can be enabled or revoked in real time just by a single click.
To automate the web app login sequence, Zoho Vault features a direct, one-click login mechanism. Zoho Vault users will never be required to type or copy-and-paste passwords to login to websites or applications. Instead, users can launch direct connections to all of their websites and applications from the Zoho Vault interface, without even viewing the password.
Zoho Vault has been designed to meet the requirements of businesses of all sizes and types, including SMBs, enterprises, online marketing firms, web professionals and IT teams that are struggling with shared passwords.
Additional highlights of Zoho Vault include:
- Grouping of passwords and secrets for better access and management
- Clearly-defined ownership for all passwords, with provision to transfer ownership when someone leaves the organization
- Provision to enforce password policies
- Import and export passwords and secrets
- Secure offline access mechanism for passwords and sensitive information
- Comprehensive audit trails for all user actions
- Two-factor authentication for increased security
- iPhone app for access to passwords while on the go, even when there is no Internet connection.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.