Online authentication continues to present a challenge for enterprises, technology providers and users. Despite decades of innovation in computing, the default online authentication method remains usernames and passwords that are insecure and outdated. While there are many technologies that offer additional security, none are easy-to-use or scalable to Internet-size populations.
The Nok Nok Labs advisory board includes:
- Steve Babbage, Distinguished Engineer & Group Chief Cryptographer, Vodafone
- Bob Lentz, Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Cyber, Identity and Information Assurance at the Department of Defense
- Dr. Larry Ponemon, Chairman and Founder, The Ponemon Institute
- Nils Puhlmann, former CSO at Zynga and Co-Founder of the Cloud Security Alliance
- Jim Reavis, Co-Founder and Executive Director of the Cloud Security Alliance
- Al Sisto, Venture Partner at Nauta Capital and Chairman of the Board of Agnitio.
The FIDO Alliance is developing a new industry open standard to address the lack of interoperability of existing authentication solutions as well as the problems users face with multiple usernames and passwords.