Its compact durable design with integrated USB cable is perfect for the office or taking sensitive data on the road. Available with either a hard drive or SSD the Aegis Bio's 1TB model is priced at $249.
Aegis Bio requires no admin rights to setup or access data and works independently of the host OS, providing an exceptional level of data protection that is ideal for use in a multi-platform corporate environment.
Apricorn's Aegis Bio incorporates multiple layers of protection:
- AuthenTec Fingerprint Sensor for Hardware-based Biometric Authentication that meets the image requirements of both NIST and the FBI
- Real-time 256-bit AES-XTS Hardware Encryption, meeting the most stringent data storage requirements and rendering data on the drive impenetrable even if it is removed from the enclosure
- Embedded Enrollment and software free design does not require admin rights to setup or access data and allows for a seamless cross platform deployment
- Integrated USB 3.0 cable for a super fast, hassle-free connection
- Available as either a hard drive or super robust SSD, the Aegis Bio is available in capacities up to 1TB.
The AuthenTec fingerprint sensor uses an advanced live layer imaging technology called HD3D, to provide the most accurate fingerprint image possible. Using a patented dual-plate active pixel design, the sensor is superior to competitors that use only a single passive pixel design.
The sensor uses three different sensing methods that penetrate outer layers of skin to read live layers under the skin, giving anti-spoofing protection and meeting the stringent image quality requirements of NIST and the FBI.