This authoritative book shows you step-by-step how to implement high-density, high-speed Layer 2 and Layer 3 Ethernet services, using Router Engine DDoS Protection, Multi-chassis LAG, Inline NAT, IPFIX/J-Flow, and many other Juniper MX features.
Written by Juniper Network engineers, each chapter covers a specific Juniper MX vertical and includes review questions to help you test what you learn.
- Delve into the Juniper MX architecture, including the next generation Junos Trio chipset
- Explore Juniper MX’s bridging, VLAN mapping, and support for thousands of virtual switches
- Add an extra layer of security by combining Junos DDoS protection with firewall filters
- Create a firewall filter framework that only applies filters specific to your network
- Discover the advantages of hierarchical scheduling
- Combine Juniper MX routers, using a virtual chassis or Multi-chassis LAG
- Install network services such as Network Address Translation (NAT) inside the Trio chipset
- Examine Junos high availability features and protocols on Juniper MX.