“The cloud and virtualization is changing the landscape of application networking,” said Michael Zhao, president and CEO of Array Networks. “The introduction of our new vxAG Virtual Secure Access Gateway virtual appliance complements our vAPV software application delivery controller and is further proof of our commitment to providing customers and partners with industry-leading networking products for the cloud and virtualized data center that create new efficiencies, agility and competitive advantages.”
Each vxAG Virtual Secure Access Gateway virtual appliance supports all of the features and functions found on Array’s dedicated hardware AG Series secure access gateways.
Available for 64-bit versions of VMware ESXi 4.1 or later, XenServer 5.6 or later and OpenXen 4.0 or later, the vxAG Virtual Secure Access Gateway gives enterprises and cloud service providers the agility and flexibility to create and offer dynamic secure access services, including:
- Further consolidating networking and security functions into virtualized architectures and under the control of cloud management systems
- Enabling secure access to any cloud or virtual environment to manage infrastructure or manage software or infrastructure services
- Spinning up and spinning down secure access services on-demand, utilizing compute resources on an as-needed basis to cost-effectively meet performance and scale-out requirements
- Enabling consistent, reliable secure access services wherever they are needed across multiple data centers and hybrid public/private cloud environments
- Deploying secure access in the cloud that is 100% compatible with the enterprise data center
- Profitably offering metered secure access services based on timeframe, throughput and other metrics.