The IFX Forum is an international non-profit industry association whose mission is to develop and promote the adoption of the IFX specification. The new version's enhancements focus on ATM implementations and compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard.
Extensions to IFX in Version 1.9 include:
- Support for devices that can operate in multiple modes (i.e., clerk/teller-operated vs. customer-operated, depending on the time of day), allowing more dynamic interaction between the terminal and the server
- Message extension that allows a device to customize operations based on the services a customer is enrolled in, such as mortgage, investment, etc.
- Europe-focused ATM enhancements, such as support for local security requirements that exceed those covered by the common industry security standards, and support for Germany's Modular Merkmal (MM) card security token
- Removal of any sensitive authentication data, as defined by the PCI DSS, from consumer-initiated Reverse and Modify messages – applicable across all IFX implementations
- Support for ATM overdraft notification to customers
- Enhancements to ATM cash dispensing and check processing modules.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.