Improvements in CodeSonar 3.8 include:
- Faster analysis that takes full advantage of multi-core processors.
- Lower false positive rate due to a combination of new models for C/C++ libraries (e.g., Boost) and improvements to the analysis.
- Workflow enhancements that make it easier for developers to manage defect warnings across multiple project versions and development branches.
- Better checking for concurrency-related errors.
- Addition of software architecture visualization.
Fluid transitions allow developers to visualize massive data sets in real time and to see the program at different levels of abstraction. CodeSonar visualization also includes other program-understanding and navigation features, and supports annotations and sharing of diagrams between team members.
“Improvements to the analysis engine empower developers to pinpoint defects faster and with greater precision,” said Paul Anderson, VP of Engineering at GrammaTech. “Improvements to the user interface make it easy for developers to understand and analyze very large projects, including those developed by complex software-development organizations.”
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.