Among the features provided by PacketFence, there are:
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) workflows
- Simple and efficient guests management
- Multiple enforcement methods including Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Compliance checks for computers present on your network
- Integration with various vulnerability scanners and intrusion detection solutions
- Bandwidth accounting for all devices.
New features in 3.5:
- brand new Web-based configuration interface
- Ability to show different captive portals based on which SSID you connect to
- New remediation module for SourceFire 3D
- New equipment support from Netgear (GS110) and Cisco (3560G and Aironet in WDS mode).
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.