Author Vladimir Kushnir shows you how to use his Safe C++ library, based in part on programming practices developed by the C++ community.
Youíll not only find recipes for identifying errors during your programís compilation, runtime, and testing phases, youíll learn a comprehensive approach for making your C++ code safe and bug-free.
- Get recipes for handling ten different error types, including memory leaks and uninitialized variables
- Discover problems C++ inherited from C, like pointer arithmetic
- Insert temporary and permanent sanity checks to catch errors at runtime
- Apply bug prevention techniques, such as using separate classes for each data type
- Pursue a testing strategy to hunt and fix one bug at a timeóbefore your code goes into production.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.