Survey results also reveal that 51% of IT professionals spend at least 10 hours per month manually updating antivirus software on or removing malware from users’ PCs.
Key highlights from the survey include:
- 27% of IT admins say they are not running the same antivirus solution with the same license renewal date on all company PCs.
- One third (33%) do not have a centrally managed antivirus solution.
- Nearly half (48%) of IT admins report that they do not have the capability to see which PCs or servers on their network are about to fail. This number increases to 55% or more in organisations with fewer than 25 employees.
- 78% of respondents say they would be interested in a Web-based service that enables them to manage antivirus protection on company PCs.
- Nearly one third (28%) of respondents report that none of their IT applications are delivered via the cloud yet. An additional 28% say less than 25% of their total applications are cloud-based.
- According to respondents, top concerns about moving to cloud applications include: complexity and lack of in-house skills to implement (31%), third-party control over company solutions (28%), expense to implement (24%) and cloud security (24%).
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.