Packaged as a virtual application to allow for rapid deployment into existing virtual infrastructures, the QualysGuard Private Cloud Platform is a standalone version of the full multi-layer, multi-tenant services architecture of the QualysGuard Cloud Platform, deployed for the private use of a specific customer or partner.
The QualysGuard Private Cloud Platform is of particular interest to customers and partners with one or more of the following characteristics:
- Customers and partners located in countries with strict data sovereignty rules prohibiting the movement of sensitive security information across national borders.
- Government entities with strict data possession requirements, which prohibit the use of public cloud services.
- Hosting providers that want to offer value-added security services to their tenants, serviced from their own infrastructure.
- MSSPs that want to provide a more exclusive offering to their customer base.
- Large organizations with hundreds of thousands of IT assets and corresponding large security and compliance data sets.
A QualysGuard Private Cloud Platform is comprised of a package of hardened, Linux-based virtual machines running the various QualysGuard components, including web, application, database layers, and a standby failover database to ensure high-availability. Qualys Operations provide ongoing updates, monitoring and backup to all private platforms in order to keep them current with the latest product and content releases.