Security Metrics: A Beginner's Guide explains, step by step, how to develop and implement a successful security metrics program.
This practical resource covers project management, communication, analytics tools, identifying targets, defining objectives, obtaining stakeholder buy-in, metrics automation, data quality, and resourcing. You'll also get details on cloud-based security metrics and process improvement. Templates, checklists, and examples give you the hands-on help you need to get started right away.
This book features:
- Lingo - Common security terms defined so that you're in the know on the job
- IMHO - Frank and relevant opinions based on the author's years of industry experience
- Budget Note - Tips for getting security technologies and processes into your organization's budget
- In Actual Practice - Exceptions to the rules of security explained in real-world contexts
- Your Plan - Customizable checklists you can use on the job now
- Into Action - Tips on how, why, and when to apply new skills and techniques at work.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.