CSA’s initiatives in these areas will focus on accelerating delivery of a trusted cloud ecosystem, furthering the organization’s mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing.
The traditional market has produced inadequate information security for users of Cloud Computing. In addition, innovators must navigate a highly inefficient system to reach customers, gain access to capital, and develop “built in”, not “bolted on” security integration across all of their solutions. The CSA Innovation Initiative (CSA-II) aims to accelerate delivery of a trusted cloud ecosystem through the following:
- Identify key structural issues related to trust and security that will inhibit the adoption of next generation information technology.
- Articulate the guiding principles and objectives that IT innovators must address.
- Incubate technology solutions that align with our principles and address the systemic gaps we have identified.
Mobile Computing Initiative
Mobile computing is experience tremendous growth, while the devices are gaining significant power and capabilities. Personally owned mobile devices are increasingly being used to access employers systems and clouds of mobile devices are likely to be common. The CSA Mobile working group will be responsible for providing fundamental research to help secure mobile endpoint computing from a cloud-centric point of view, and is chartered to research the following areas:
- Securing application stores and other public entities deploying software to mobile devices
- Cloud-based management, provisioning, policy, and data management of mobile devices to achieve security objectives
- Guidelines for the mobile device security framework and secure mobile cloud architectures
- Best practices for secure mobile application development
- Resolving multiple usage roles, e.g. personal and business use of a common device.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.