The authors discuss the approach taken by service providers to interconnect the protocols and solve the challenge of massive scalability of machine-to-machine communication for mission-critical applications, based on the next generation machine-to-machine ETSI M2M architecture.
The authors demonstrate, using the example of the smartgrid use case, how the next generation utilities, by interconnecting and activating our physical environment, will be able to deliver more energy (notably for electric vehicles) with less impact on our natural resources.
- Offers a comprehensive overview of major existing M2M and AMI protocols
- Covers the system aspects of large scale M2M and smart grid applications
- Focuses on system level architecture, interworking, and nationwide use cases
- Explores recent emerging technologies: 6LowPAN, ZigBee SE 2.0 and ETSI M2M, and for existing technologies covers recent developments related to interworking
- Relates ZigBee to the issue of smartgrid, in the more general context of carrier grade M2M applications
- Illustrates the benefits of the smartgrid concept based on real examples, including business cases.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.