By analyzing their information, enterprises can make decisions to help increase profitability, improve performance, and identify and manage risks.
Using data analytics can help assurance professionals establish value by pointing out potential cost savings and operational improvements. Leveraging data analytics can provide other significant benefits, including:
- Greater insight into privacy and security issues
- Improved assurance over the quality of data
- Increased staff productivity.
- Perform ad hoc analysis in support of targeted risk areas.
- Leverage data analytics within many projects for greater insight.
- Move to repeatable analyses performed periodically on high-risk activities.
- Define the measures of success along the way.
The ISACA whitepaper, "Data Analytics - A Practical Approach," is available for free download here (registration required).
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.