He is 18 years old - not 19 as previously reported - and he is due to appear in the City of Westminster Magistrates' Court today.
According to the information released by the police, he faces five charges, all tied with the takedown of the Serious Organised Crime Agency's website:
- Unauthorised access to a computer system, contrary to Section 3 of the Computer Misuse Act 1990;
- Encouraging/assisting offences, contrary to Section 46 of the Serious Crime Act 2007;
- Conspiracy with others to carry out a Distributed Denial of Service Attack on the website of the Serious and Organised Crime Agency contrary to Section 1 Criminal Law Act 1977;
- Conspiracy to commit offences of Section 3 Computer Misuse Act 1990, contrary to Section 1 Criminal Law Act 1977;
- Conspiracy between the defendant and others to commit offences of Section 3 Computer Misuse Act 1990 contrary to Section 1 Criminal Law Act 1977.
Topiary's Tweet feed still contains the same single message and LulzSec has yet to comment on the arrest.
UPDATE: Anonymous' comments on its Twitter feed and its new avatar sporting the words "Free Topiary" seem to confirm that Jake Davis is Topiary.