Sophos Mobile Control provides lightweight device protection on iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile devices.
Designed for IT administrators to secure, monitor, and control the configuration for smartphones running these operating systems, Sophos Mobile Control web-based console:
- Secures mobile devices by centrally configuring security settings, enabling lockdown of unwanted features; and remote over-the-air lock or wipe if device is lost or stolen
- Enables consistent security policy enforcement, strong password policy and lock period, control and installation of applications, blocking use of cameras, browsers, and sites such as YouTube
- Eliminates administrative burden with a self-service portal that allows end-users to register new devices and lock or wipe lost or stolen phones
- Controls the access to corporate email via a secure gate allowing only properly secured and registered devices to access email.
- Enables faster initial encryption with optimizations by providing up to 30 percent higher read/write throughput on solid state drives compared to the previous version
- Supports Opal self encrypted hard drives managed by the SGN Management Console
- Reduces performance overhead with multiple CPU processors running in parallel to minimize performance overhead of encryption and decryption
- Simplifies administration tasks enabling them to be easily completed without user interaction and/or the management center application being opened. It also includes active directory synchronization; automatic event log; deletion; and enables scheduling of custom scripts for reoccurring tasks.
The latest upgrade to Sophos ESDP (9.7) also includes encryption, data loss prevention, network access control, device control, application control, management, and reporting. Furthermore, Sophos ESDP 9.7:
- Provides automatic location-aware intelligent updating for mobile workers – regardless of where they are with no need to configure. Updates are delivered up to 41 percent faster
- Extends tamper protection through additional device control and data loss prevention to help stop users from turning off key Sophos protection features, including anti-virus protection, updates, and client firewall
- Minimizes computer CPU and disk I/O usage during scans to keep end-users productive while optimizing performance when they are active or away, allowing IT to run scans at anytime.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.