The following items were fixed and/or added in this version:
- Mac OS X hosts: fixed incompatibility with recent Mac OS X versions in 64-bit mode
- Mac OS X hosts: fixed incompatibility with hosts with more than 16 cores
- Mac OS X hosts: fixed painting corruptions on a second monitor in 64-bit mode
- GUI: restored functionality to set an empty host key to disallow any host key combination
- VBoxManage: added controlvm screenshotpng subcommand for saving the screenshot of a running VM in PNG format
- VBoxHeadless: fixed potential crash during shutdown (Windows hosts only)
- NAT: built-in services use the correct Ethernet addresses in Ethernet header and in ARP requests
- Host-only networking: fixed adapter reference counting
- E1000: fixed rare guest crashes with Linux SMP guests
- SATA: fixed guest disk corruption under rare circumstances (only relevant for guests with more than 2GB RAM
- Storage: fixed data corruption after a snapshot was taken with asynchronous I/O enabled
- Floppy: several improvement
- HPET: another fix for time jumps
- USB: removed assumption that string descriptors are null-terminated (Windows hosts only)
- 3D support: fixed a potential crash when resizing the guest window
- 3D support: fixed GNOME 3 rendering under Ubuntu 11.04 and Fedora 15
- Snapshots: fixed another bug which could lose entries in the media registry when restoring a snapshot
- Shared Folders: don't stop mounting the other valid folders if one host folder is inaccessible
- Linux Additions: check whether gcc and make are installed before building kernel modules
- Solaris Additions: added support for X.Org Server 1.10
- Guest Additions: fixed inappropriate Guest Additions update notification when using vendor-specific version suffixes.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.