Criminals using malicious software prefer the easy path: attacking client-side software that is vulnerable because software patch management is out of date, often by months and even years, leaving computers wide open.
Unpatched email and other ubiquitous desktop productivity applications are an open invitation to criminal botnets - often resulting in expensive losses and damage for IT departments. Nearly two dozen software vulnerabilities are discovered each day, so IT departments need to make patching a top priority.
Norman announced that its Patch and Remediation 7 offers new automated vulnerability and patch management capabilities.
Norman Patch and Remediation delivers:
- Vulnerability audits and remediation with support across major operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Linux, MacOS, Sun Solaris and HP, allowing risk to be managed in the most complex IT environments -- from a single console
- Rapid, accurate and secure patch management for popular applications from vendors such as Microsoft, Adobe and Apple
- A console that provides web-, role- and workflow-based navigation to simplify and optimize endpoint operations
- Patch, remediation and configuration capabilities
- Continuous monitoring and enforcement.