Metasploit now has 613 exploit modules and 306 auxiliary modules, from 551 and 261 respectively in version 3.4.
General release notes for 3.5.0:
- Sessions now include additional information by default. This is often the username/hostname of the remote session.
- Dead sessions are now automatically detected and closed without requiring user interaction.
- The msfcli interface is now a thin wrapper around msfconsole; auxiliary modules and passive exploits now work.
- All modules now track which local user launched them (via module.owner)
- Resolve Windows error codes intro descriptive strings
- Automatically choose a preferred "reverse" payload if non was specified
- Warn the user if an antivirus program has corrupted the installation (EICAR canary)
- A socks4a proxy auxiliary module is available capable of routing through a meterpreter session
- Host names will now resolve properly on Windows with Ruby 1.9.1+
- Improved performance and accuracy of FTP and telnet brute force scanners.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.