DOD gives interim wireless guidance

Tuesday, 27 August 2002, 10:02 AM EST

The Defense Department has decided to delay issuing its final security policies on restricting wireless devices in order to seek additional comments on the proposed rules, a DOD spokesman said.

Defense Department chief information officer John Stenbit has signed off on an "interim guidance" memo that went to the service secretaries and the directors of DOD agencies last week.

The assistant secretary of Defense for command, control, communications and intelligence will gather feedback and release the final security directive once a review of it is complete, the DOD spokesman said Aug. 23. He said that there is no specific time frame for closing the comment period.

DOD would not release a copy of the interim guidance, but it did release a "DOD wireless strategy information sheet."

[ Read more ]

Related items




Spotlight

Internet Explorer vulnerabilities increase 100%

Posted on 23 July 2014.  |  Bromium Labs research determined that Internet Explorer vulnerabilities have increased more than 100 percent since 2013, surpassing Java and Flash vulnerabilities.


Weekly newsletter

Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
  



Daily digest

Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.
  

DON'T
MISS

Wed, Jul 23rd
    COPYRIGHT 1998-2014 BY HELP NET SECURITY.   // READ OUR PRIVACY POLICY // ABOUT US // ADVERTISE //