Alberta hackers gear up for International War Driving Day
Information technology managers may want to pay close attention to Red Deer, Alberta, on Aug. 31, which has been targeted by hackers for a "wardriving" day.
In what is being billed as the first Alberta International Wardriving Day, hackers armed with laptop computers outfitted with wireless networking gear and global positioning systems will drive around Red Deer looking for unprotected wireless computer networks.
The aim of the game — organizers are calling it a "hobby" — is to see which hacker can find the most wireless networks in one day.
[ Read more ]
- News: A New AES Standard For Wireless (21 August 2002)
- News: Wireless Security Blackpaper (21 August 2002)
- News: A map of wireless controversy? (21 August 2002)
- News: Wireless hackers take to the air (19 August 2002)
- News: Wireless Security and Hacking (19 August 2002)
- News: Secure wireless workers (16 August 2002)
- News: Advancing Wireless LAN Security (8 August 2002)
- News: Wireless Security: An IP VPN Conspiracy Theory (5 August 2002)
- News: Wi Fi Honeypots a new hacker trap (29 July 2002)
- News: Hackers use Wi-Fi invisibility cloak (25 July 2002)
- News: Wireless (in)security: are your networks snoop-proof? (24 July 2002)
- News: Security concerns loom in new wireless world (22 July 2002)
- News: Wi-Fi hackers are stealing bandwidth (17 July 2002)
- News: Where wireless is most vulnerable (2 July 2002)
- News: Network America: Wireless security? Read it and Wep (28 June 2002)
- News: Wireless security in this modern world (26 June 2002)
- News: Cisco augments wireless LAN security (18 June 2002)
- News: Hottest hardware for Wi-Fi security (17 June 2002)
- News: IBM software aims to shut down "drive-by hacking" (17 June 2002)
- News: Startup takes on WLAN security (3 June 2002)
- News: Odyssey makes wireless LANs a safe trip (22 May 2002)
- News: Could hackers derail wireless LANs? (17 May 2002)
- News: Protecting the WLAN (13 May 2002)
- News: Wireless Internet (6 May 2002)
- News: Wireless (In)Security (3 May 2002)
- News: WLANS to Get More Secure (29 April 2002)
- News: Security exhibitors set up insecure WLANs (24 April 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.