Spammers face tri-nation crackdown
The UK government has joined forces with the US and Australia to fight the growing problem of spam.
An agreement brokered by the three nations will see law enforcement authorities co-operate in initiatives to track down and prosecute spammers.
A memorandum of understanding has been signed between the three countries, guaranteeing closer working, including training efforts to investigate spam, and strengthening capabilities to trace and convict spammers.
By Gareth Morgan at vnunet.
[ Read more ]
- Article: Mail Scanning With Exim And The Exiscan ACL (13 April 2004)
- Article: Spam Might Be Your Biggest Headache, But It's Not Your Biggest Threat (22 January 2004)
- Article: Spam Prevention Tips for Small Businesses (19 September 2003)
- Article: Iraq Dragged Into The Infamous 419 Scam (7 April 2003)
- Article: Spam Checklist - April Fool's Day is Approaching (27 March 2003)
- Article: Spam Wars - Rise of the Spam (16 May 2002)
- Article: Spam: The problems with junk e-mail (8 April 2002)
- Article: Mail Abuse Prevention Organization stands up to giant Harris Interactive (4 April 2002)
- Article: The six headed spam monster (1 April 2002)