Better security will help wireless growth
The security of wireless hot spots for internet access for IT users on the road was the subject of discussion at the CeBIT America 2004 conference in New York.
Panelists agreed that there are ways to ensure that safe use - and continued vigilance - can keep it that way.
"Love the access, but don't trust it ... and secure it," said Frederick Felman, vice president of marketing at firewall and security software company Zone Labs.
By Todd R Weiss at Computerworld
[ Read more ]
- Review: Securing Wireless LANs (10 February 2004)
- Review: Wireless Hacks (12 December 2003)
- Review: Real 802.11 Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access and 802.11i (3 November 2003)
- Review: 802.11 Security (3 October 2003)
- Review: Installing, Troubleshooting, and Repairing Wireless Networks (5 September 2003)
- Review: Building Secure Wireless Networks with 802.11 (28 August 2003)
- Review: How Secure is Your Wireless Network? Safeguarding Your Wi-Fi LAN (22 August 2003)
- Review: WiFi Security (9 July 2003)
- Review: Wireless Security End to End (4 June 2003)
- Review: The Complete Wireless Internet and Mobile Business Programming Training Course (28 May 2003)
- Review: Deploying License-Free Wireless Wide-Area Networks (14 May 2003)
- Review: Maximum Wireless Security (17 February 2003)
- Review: Wireless Security and Privacy: Best Practices and Design Techniques (17 December 2002)