Funds sought to aid virus writer
A group called the Sasser Support Team has begun gathering cash donations for Sven Jaschan, the author of Sasser.
Following a tip-off, Mr Jaschan was arrested in Germany in early May and has since confessed to being the creator of the Sasser worm.
Mr Jaschan has now been freed while he is investigated on computer sabotage charges.
At the BBC.
[ Read more ]
- Software: Symantec Sasser Removal Tool
- Software: F-Secure Sasser Removal Tool
- Virus News: PandaLabs in the Hunt for the Authors of the Sasser Worms (7 May 2004)
- Virus News: Sasser Epidemic Collateral Damage (5 May 2004)
- Virus News: Symantec Response to Sasser Worm - New information (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: New Netsky Worm Poses as a Cure For Sasser (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: Information Quotes on Sasser Worm (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: New Automatic Internet Worm Spreading at Increasing Pace (3 May 2004)
- Virus News: Panda Software Offers to Every User the Free Tool to Disinfect and Remove Sasser.A (3 May 2004)
- Review: Viruses Revealed (28 April 2003)
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.