German police raid five homes in Sasser case
German police have widened the hunt for the vandals responsible for the distribution of the infamous Sasser and NetSky worms by raiding the homes of five new suspects. All are close to the home of Sven Jaschan, the prime suspect.
Last Friday, 18-year-old Jaschan was arrested in the village of Waffensen near Rotenburg, in northern Germany, in connection with writing and distributing the Sasser worm. He later confessed to police that he was both the author of Sasser and the original author of the NetSky worm.
By John Leyden at The Register.
[ Read more ]
- Software: Symantec Sasser Removal Tool
- Software: F-Secure Sasser Removal Tool
- Virus News: PandaLabs in the Hunt for the Authors of the Sasser Worms (7 May 2004)
- Virus News: Sasser Epidemic Collateral Damage (5 May 2004)
- Virus News: Symantec Response to Sasser Worm - New information (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: New Netsky Worm Poses as a Cure For Sasser (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: Information Quotes on Sasser Worm (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: New Automatic Internet Worm Spreading at Increasing Pace (3 May 2004)
- Virus News: Panda Software Offers to Every User the Free Tool to Disinfect and Remove Sasser.A (3 May 2004)
- Review: Viruses Revealed (28 April 2003)
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.