A guide to centralized spam and virus filtering
Spam and viruses constitute an enormous amount of mail on the Internet, wasting bandwidth and clogging the queues on defenseless mail servers. If delivered, the viruses also waste company resources as they spread. Mail administrators have taken a variety of approaches to defending their users from these two culprits, but it's difficult to keep up with new techniques and viruses and worms.
This article explores the integration of Sendmail, MIMEDefang, ClamAV, SpamAssassin, and Vipul's Razor as a partial measure against spam and viruses.
[ Read more ]
- Article: Mail Scanning With Exim And The Exiscan ACL (13 April 2004)
- Article: Spam Might Be Your Biggest Headache, But It's Not Your Biggest Threat (22 January 2004)
- Article: Spam Prevention Tips for Small Businesses (19 September 2003)
- Review: Viruses Revealed (28 April 2003)
- Article: Iraq Dragged Into The Infamous 419 Scam (7 April 2003)
- Article: Spam Checklist - April Fool's Day is Approaching (27 March 2003)
- Article: Spam Wars - Rise of the Spam (16 May 2002)
- Article: Spam: The problems with junk e-mail (8 April 2002)
- Article: Mail Abuse Prevention Organization stands up to giant Harris Interactive (4 April 2002)
- Article: The six headed spam monster (1 April 2002)
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.