Sasser infection rate accelerates
The rapidly evolving Sasser computer worm has torn across the internet, disrupting home computer and corporate systems, including Westpac Bank, and stoking fears of more potent outbreaks to come.
First detected over the weekend, the worm has already infected, by some estimates, over one million PCs and knocked out computer systems at banks, transport reservation systems and at European Commission offices.
Unlike previous internet worms, Sasser infects vulnerable PCs without any action by the user like opening attachments, allowing it to spread very quickly.
At The Age.
[ Read more ]
- Software: Symantec Sasser Removal Tool
- Software: F-Secure Sasser Removal Tool
- Virus News: Symantec Response to Sasser Worm - New information (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: New Netsky Worm Poses as a Cure For Sasser (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: Information Quotes on Sasser Worm (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: New Automatic Internet Worm Spreading at Increasing Pace (3 May 2004)
- Virus News: Panda Software Offers to Every User the Free Tool to Disinfect and Remove Sasser.A (3 May 2004)
- Review: Viruses Revealed (28 April 2003)