Hunt on for Sasser worm culprit
Microsoft (MSFT.O) said on Wednesday it had not made a decision to issue a reward for information leading to the arrest of the Sasser author.
Over the past six months, the software giant has offered three separate $250,000 rewards for previous outbreaks -- so far, with no results. Microsoft said it is working with U.S. law enforcement authorities, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, to flush out the culprits.
By Reuters at CNN.
[ Read more ]
- Software: Symantec Sasser Removal Tool
- Software: F-Secure Sasser Removal Tool
- Virus News: Symantec Response to Sasser Worm - New information (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: New Netsky Worm Poses as a Cure For Sasser (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: Information Quotes on Sasser Worm (4 May 2004)
- Virus News: New Automatic Internet Worm Spreading at Increasing Pace (3 May 2004)
- Virus News: Panda Software Offers to Every User the Free Tool to Disinfect and Remove Sasser.A (3 May 2004)
- Press Release: Lurhq Reports Sasser Worm Rapidly Spreading Across Internet (3 May 2004)
- Review: Viruses Revealed (28 April 2003)