Sasser worm spreading quickly
Known as SasserA, SasserB, SasserC and SasserD, the worm is targeting Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2000 and 2003 servers. Other Windows systems, including Windows 95, 98 and ME, could be indirectly affected.
"It's pretty aggressive, and it's replicating very quickly," said Steven Sundermeier, a security expert at Central Command, a computer security company based in Medina, Ohio.
[ Read more ]
- Software: Symantec Sasser Removal Tool
- Virus News: New Automatic Internet Worm Spreading at Increasing Pace (3 May 2004)
- Virus News: Panda Software Offers to Every User the Free Tool to Disinfect and Remove Sasser.A (3 May 2004)
- Press Release: Lurhq Reports Sasser Worm Rapidly Spreading Across Internet (3 May 2004)
- Review: Viruses Revealed (28 April 2003)
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.