Securing a fresh Linux install, part 3
In the previous article in this series we looked at ways to secure files and monitor system logs on a Linux server. To finish the series we'll look at security considerations for some important networking tools.
The author takes a loot at SSH, limiting resource usage with PAM, and more.
By Mike Peters at Linux.com
[ Read more ]
- Review: Essential System Administration Pocket Reference (5 January 2004)
- Review: HackNotes Linux and Unix Security Portable Reference (24 October 2003)
- Review: Linux Security Cookbook (29 September 2003)
- Review: Linux Server Hacks (10 September 2003)
- Review: Linux+ Certification Bible (3 September 2003)
- Review: Hacking Exposed Linux 2/e (8 May 2003)
- Review: Linux Administration Handbook (30 April 2003)
- Review: Linux System Security: The Administrator's Guide to Open Source Security Tools, 2/e (14 March 2003)
- Review: Real World Linux Security, 2/e (22 November 2002)
- Review: Linux System Administration - A User's Guide (18 August 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.