Network America: Wireless security? Read it and Wep
If encryption is turned on, it gets rid of the casual surfer. But even when the built-in security is configured properly, these guys can break through in as little as a few hours.
The wireless networks they are abusing were not installed by careless or stupid people, just by folks who believed the writing on the box and trusted the standards bodies and manufacturers.
This means that these network administrators are now stuck trying to figure out how to graft some sort of meaningful security onto an inherently insecure infrastructure.
[ Read more ]
- News: Wireless security in this modern world (26 June 2002)
- News: Cisco augments wireless LAN security (18 June 2002)
- News: Hottest hardware for Wi-Fi security (17 June 2002)
- News: IBM software aims to shut down "drive-by hacking" (17 June 2002)
- News: Startup takes on WLAN security (3 June 2002)
- News: Odyssey makes wireless LANs a safe trip (22 May 2002)
- News: Could hackers derail wireless LANs? (17 May 2002)
- News: Protecting the WLAN (13 May 2002)
- News: Wireless Internet (6 May 2002)
- News: Wireless (In)Security (3 May 2002)
- News: WLANS to Get More Secure (29 April 2002)
- News: Security exhibitors set up insecure WLANs (24 April 2002)