Californian ISP sues Bob Vila site for spam
Californian ISP Hypertouch is taking home improvement website BobVila.com and its marketing agency to court for alleged violations of America's CAN-SPAM Act.
This is the first legal action under the new federal anti-spam law, although several US ISPs have taken alleged spammers to court under different laws in recent months.
Boston-based BVWebTies, BobVila.com, and its marketing firm, BlueStream Media of Sacramento, California, are both named as defendants in the suit.
By John Leyden at The Register.
[ Read more ]
- News: Why Bill Gates' antispam plan won't work (2 February 2004)
- News: We'll kill spam in two years - Gates (26 January 2004)
- Article: Spam Might Be Your Biggest Headache, But It's Not Your Biggest Threat (22 January 2004)
- Article: Spam Prevention Tips for Small Businesses (19 September 2003)
- Article: Iraq Dragged Into The Infamous 419 Scam (7 April 2003)
- Article: Spam Checklist - April Fool's Day is Approaching (27 March 2003)
- Article: Spam Wars - Rise of the Spam (16 May 2002)
- Article: Spam: The problems with junk e-mail (8 April 2002)
- Article: Mail Abuse Prevention Organization stands up to giant Harris Interactive (4 April 2002)
- Article: The six headed spam monster (1 April 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.