How to make spam unstoppable
With a little ingenuity it is possible to create messages that get past anti-spam filters every single time.
The discovery has been made by anti-spam researcher John Graham-Cumming who studies the novel ways spammers try to defeat the technologies used to stop junk mail.
The bad news for spammers is that this flaw in filtering systems is not easy to exploit and can be combated.
If you have an e-mail address you will know about spam and the longer you have had that address the more spam you will get. It is estimated that 60% of all messages sent are now spam.
By Mark Ward at BBC.
[ Read more ]
- News: Why Bill Gates' antispam plan won't work (2 February 2004)
- News: We'll kill spam in two years - Gates (26 January 2004)
- Article: Spam Might Be Your Biggest Headache, But It's Not Your Biggest Threat (22 January 2004)
- Article: Spam Prevention Tips for Small Businesses (19 September 2003)
- Article: Iraq Dragged Into The Infamous 419 Scam (7 April 2003)
- Article: Spam Checklist - April Fool's Day is Approaching (27 March 2003)
- Article: Spam Wars - Rise of the Spam (16 May 2002)
- Article: Spam: The problems with junk e-mail (8 April 2002)
- Article: Mail Abuse Prevention Organization stands up to giant Harris Interactive (4 April 2002)
- Article: The six headed spam monster (1 April 2002)