Linux security HOWTO - updated
This document is a general overview of security issues that face the administrator of Linux systems. It covers general security philosophy and a number of specific examples of how to better secure your Linux system from intruders. Also included are pointers to security-related material and programs.
Improvements, constructive criticism, additions and corrections are gratefully accepted. Please mail your feedback to both authors, with "Security HOWTO" in the subject.
By Kevin Fenzi and Dave Wreski at Linuxsecurity.com
[ Read more ]
- Review: Essential System Administration Pocket Reference (5 January 2004)
- Review: HackNotes Linux and Unix Security Portable Reference (24 October 2003)
- Review: Linux Security Cookbook (29 September 2003)
- Review: Linux Server Hacks (10 September 2003)
- Review: Linux+ Certification Bible (3 September 2003)
- Review: Hacking Exposed Linux 2/e (8 May 2003)
- Review: Linux Administration Handbook (30 April 2003)
- Review: Linux System Security: The Administrator's Guide to Open Source Security Tools, 2/e (14 March 2003)
- Review: Real World Linux Security, 2/e (22 November 2002)
- Review: Linux System Administration - A User's Guide (18 August 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.