Corporations facing spam headache
Lower mortgage rates, improve your sex life, cell phones at no cost, free DVD player, zero balance, larger breasts or cheap cigarettes...
Seen these phrases somewhere before? These are just some of the common words used for junk, or spam, e-mail.
Any mention of these gives many businesses and their respective IT departments a headache -- they see spam as the modern-day corporate scourge.
As spam continues to clog up servers, reduce bandwidth and suck up man-hours, corporations are realizing a more proactive approach is needed to tackle this growing problem.
[ Read more ]
- Article: Spam Might Be Your Biggest Headache, But It's Not Your Biggest Threat (22 January 2004)
- Article: Spam Prevention Tips for Small Businesses (19 September 2003)
- Article: Iraq Dragged Into The Infamous 419 Scam (7 April 2003)
- Article: Spam Checklist - April Fool's Day is Approaching (27 March 2003)
- Article: Spam Wars - Rise of the Spam (16 May 2002)
- Article: Spam: The problems with junk e-mail (8 April 2002)
- Article: Mail Abuse Prevention Organization stands up to giant Harris Interactive (4 April 2002)
- Article: The six headed spam monster (1 April 2002)
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.