Dell to techs: don't help customers remove spyware
As seen in the latest newsletter from SpyWareInfo, Dell sent an internal memo to its tech support minions which says in part: "NOTICE: Use of spyware removal software may conflict with user license agreements of other applications installed on your system. Please consult your user license agreements for further information. Dell does not endorse the use of spyware removal software and cannot provide support on these products."
This means we do not take callers to download.com or doxdesk.com, nor do we recommend spyware removal programs, nor do we advise callers on the use of spyware removal programs.
[ Read more ]
- Software: Ad-aware SE Personal Edition
- News: No easy solution to spyware (19 November 2003)
- News: Are you being watched online? (14 November 2003)
- News: Which adware and spyware are the most insidious? (28 October 2003)
- News: After Trojan Horses and worms, here comes the Beast (20 October 2003)
- News: Students toil as spyware hunters (6 October 2003)
- News: Escape the spyware nightmare (12 September 2003)
- News: Nothing is secret with spyware lurking in PCs (1 July 2003)
- News: Sneaky software hijacks more browsers (6 May 2003)
- News: Spyware - silent enemy (28 April 2003)
- News: Spyware: It's Lurking on Your Machine (3 April 2003)
- Review: Ad-aware 6.0 Professional (20 March 2003)
- News: The Best Spyware Stopper (7 March 2003)
- News: Spyware found in 30% of European businesses (11 February 2003)
- News: Closing spyware loopholes (25 October 2002)
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.