Spammers turn to classic prose
Poetry is probably not top of the list of things you expect to see in the spam and junk mail messages landing in your inbox everyday.
But lots of people are starting to find literary value hidden among the porn, penis patches, generic Viagra deals and mortgage offers.
Some have composed poems using the subject lines of the spam they receive; others are creating verse using the strings of strange words that are often found inside spam messages.
A lucky few have even found excerpts of novels buried in spam.
[ Read more ]
- Article: Spam Prevention Tips for Small Businesses (19 September 2003)
- Article: Iraq Dragged Into The Infamous 419 Scam (7 April 2003)
- Article: Spam Checklist - April Fool's Day is Approaching (27 March 2003)
- Article: Spam Wars - Rise of the Spam (16 May 2002)
- Article: Spam: The problems with junk e-mail (8 April 2002)
- Article: Mail Abuse Prevention Organization stands up to giant Harris Interactive (4 April 2002)
- Article: The six headed spam monster (1 April 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.