Reseller touts home WLAN pack with easy to use security
UK reseller Dabs has launched a Wi-Fi offering that it claims will deliver a fully secure environment yet retain plug-and-play access to home WLANs.
Dabs is essentially bundling services provided by hotspot aggregator MyZones with Netgear's ME103 ProSafe Wireless Access Point and the vendor's MA111 Wireless USB Adaptor for £99 excluding sales tax.
Essentially, MyZones allows you to manage your WLAN's security through its web page - or in this case, a Dabs-branded one. The Wi-Fi hardware is preconfigured to operate with MyZones.
Dabs' service encompasses the three services offered by MyZones: one for home networks, another to allow different households to share a broadband connection and a third which lets users operate their WLANs as public hotspots.
[ Read more ]
- Review: Wireless Hacks (12 December 2003)
- Review: Real 802.11 Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access and 802.11i (3 November 2003)
- Review: 802.11 Security (3 October 2003)
- Article: Wireless Security: Preventing Your Data From Vanishing Into Thin Air (16 September 2003)
- Review: Installing, Troubleshooting, and Repairing Wireless Networks (5 September 2003)
- Review: Building Secure Wireless Networks with 802.11 (28 August 2003)
- Review: How Secure is Your Wireless Network? Safeguarding Your Wi-Fi LAN (22 August 2003)
- Article: Lack of Security at Wireless Conferences (6 August 2003)
- Review: WiFi Security (9 July 2003)
- Review: Wireless Security End to End (4 June 2003)
- Review: The Complete Wireless Internet and Mobile Business Programming Training Course (28 May 2003)
- Review: Deploying License-Free Wireless Wide-Area Networks (14 May 2003)
- Article: Positive Identification in a Wireless World (6 May 2003)
- Article: Warchalking and Other Wireless Worries (3 April 2003)
- Article: How to Make Wireless Networks Secure (26 March 2003)
- Article: Interview with Cyrus Peikari, CEO of AirScanner Mobile Security (24 February 2003)
- Review: Maximum Wireless Security (17 February 2003)
- Article: Detecting Wireless LAN MAC Address Spoofing (22 January 2003)
- Article: Avoid Wireless LAN Security Pitfalls (17 January 2003)
- Article: Interview with Jay Chaudhry, CEO of AirDefense (7 January 2003)
- Review: Wireless Security and Privacy: Best Practices and Design Techniques (17 December 2002)