Cisco launches new 'g' wireless devices
Cisco Systems Inc. introduced a lineup of new products during its wireless LAN (WLAN) advanced technology event in San Jose, California, on Wednesday which, according to one customer, are necessary for running today's businesses.
Included on the list of new product announcements are Cisco's Aironet 1200 and 1100 series of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc. (IEEE) 802.11g Access Point (AP) products.
The company's new devices provide a maximum data rate of 54Mbps and were designed to be backward compatible with Cisco Aironet, Cisco Compatible 802.11b clients and the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920. The company is providing a migration path for the Cisco Aironet 1200 and 1100 series 802.11b APs with 802.11g radio upgradeable modules, the company said.
[ Read more ]
- Review: Real 802.11 Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access and 802.11i (3 November 2003)
- Review: 802.11 Security (3 October 2003)
- Article: Wireless Security: Preventing Your Data From Vanishing Into Thin Air (16 September 2003)
- Review: Installing, Troubleshooting, and Repairing Wireless Networks (5 September 2003)
- Review: Building Secure Wireless Networks with 802.11 (28 August 2003)
- Review: How Secure is Your Wireless Network? Safeguarding Your Wi-Fi LAN (22 August 2003)
- Article: Lack of Security at Wireless Conferences (6 August 2003)
- Review: WiFi Security (9 July 2003)
- Review: Wireless Security End to End (4 June 2003)
- Review: The Complete Wireless Internet and Mobile Business Programming Training Course (28 May 2003)
- Review: Deploying License-Free Wireless Wide-Area Networks (14 May 2003)
- Article: Positive Identification in a Wireless World (6 May 2003)
- Article: Warchalking and Other Wireless Worries (3 April 2003)
- Article: How to Make Wireless Networks Secure (26 March 2003)
- Article: Interview with Cyrus Peikari, CEO of AirScanner Mobile Security (24 February 2003)
- Review: Maximum Wireless Security (17 February 2003)
- Article: Detecting Wireless LAN MAC Address Spoofing (22 January 2003)
- Article: Avoid Wireless LAN Security Pitfalls (17 January 2003)
- Article: Interview with Jay Chaudhry, CEO of AirDefense (7 January 2003)
- Review: Wireless Security and Privacy: Best Practices and Design Techniques (17 December 2002)
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.