Cisco augments wireless LAN security
Cisco Systems Inc. on Monday addressed the security of wireless LANs with a new add-on product to complement its offerings in this area.
The new Wireless LAN Solution Engine is an appliance for managing Cisco Aironet wireless LANs; it centrally identifies and configures Aironet Access Points -- which connect wireless network users to the wired network -- in customer-defined groups. It reports on throughput and client associations so the network can be run with optimal network performance.
[ Read more ]
- News: IBM software aims to shut down "drive-by hacking" (17 June 2002)
- News: Time to smarten up about security (17 June 2002)
- News: Startup takes on WLAN security (3 June 2002)
- News: Odyssey makes wireless LANs a safe trip (22 May 2002)
- News: Could hackers derail wireless LANs? (17 May 2002)
- News: Defense agency using unsecure WLAN security cameras (17 May 2002)
- News: Protecting the WLAN (13 May 2002)
- News: Wireless LANs - Standards and security (8 May 2002)
- News: Wireless Internet (6 May 2002)
- News: Wireless (In)Security (3 May 2002)
- News: Security exhibitors set up insecure WLANs (24 April 2002)
- News: Wireless LAN Security: A Short History (23 April 2002)
- News: Hacking Through the Wireless Jungle (21 April 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.